Thursday, June 17, 2010

An Outpouring of Cinema

A remarkable number of interesting films open this week in New York - of which the best may be the least heralded, Bill and Turner Ross' 45365, sneaking in for a week's run at the Anthology - and at one point or another I covered almost all of them. While new pieces for the Village Voice, Artforum, the L Magazine and Time Out New York bring me up to date, two older reviews - covering Luca Guadagnino's I Am Love and Michael Winterbottom's The Killer Inside Me - first ran when those film's played the local festival circuit, at New Directors/New Films and Tribeca respectively. Now they're getting theatrical releases and I'm re-running the reviews.

New Reviews:
Stonewall Uprising and 8: The Mormon Proposition (The L Magazine)
Let it Rain (Artforum)
The Nature of Existence (Village Voice)
45365 (Time Out New York)

Old Reviews:
I Am Love (Slant)
The Killer Inside Me (The House Next Door)

No comments: